Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trying not to follow mom diet

Once "skinny person" habit I'm trying to adopt is to avoid the mom diet. You know when the kids don't eat everything on their plate and you finish it up so as not to waste food? Or like today when I was making Thing 2's lunch and I cut part of the crust and turkey off. Prior to starting this journey I'd just pop it in my mouth!

I think skinny people don't eat the scraps off of other peoples's plates! So now I don't either!

I remember two relevant talks at two long ago weight watchers meetings. One topic was to beware of BLTs (bites, likes and tastes). You know, licking the peanut butter spoon or cake batter or samples at the grocery store. Those can add up! So if you want a BLT, have it, but count it as part of your food intake (or points if you are doing WW).

The other WW meeting I remember was years ago, and the leader was so funny. She kind of reminded me of a (thin) Roseanne Barr. She said she liked to bake and cook for her family, but she had a bad habit of always licking the spoons and beaters. Her solution? She wore a surgical mask when she was baking and cooking. This was a reminder to her to keep the spoons away from her mouth! A bit drastic, I think, but you have to do what you have to do!

I am down to 196 now. Sunday is my official weigh in day, but I'm planning to go out for lunch with my husband today and enjoy it. I did make it to the gym. I think I did over 3 miles on the treadmill. I had to pause the machine to go blow my nose, but when I came back it lost the record of my progress. I think I overcompensated to make sure I had indeed done at least 3 miles.

Feeling good today, and looking forward to a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Funny but true. I had always heard to chew gum when cooking. That would look a bit better than the mask. Grocery store samples are a landmine for me!

    ReplyDelete