Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday!

I just realized that it's Fat Tuesday. What a fitting day to begin this blog! And no, I'm not going to do a blow out binge before lent tomorrow! Will I give anything up? I think I'll try to keep doing what I'm doing through Lent. 10 more pounds by Easter? That seems like a reasonable goal.

These are the little "rules" I've set up for myself over the past few weeks, and they seem to be helping:
  • No sugar. I'm sure I'm having some sugar once in a while in the things I eat, but I'm not having ice cream, girl scout cookies (yes there are a bunch in my house now), valentine's candy, etc. Just not having it.
  • Exercise 3-5 times a week, at least 3 miles on the treadmill. Right now I'm easily doing this, so might have to add something to this to challenge myself, but for now this is doable.
  • No carbs with dinner. A protein and as many veggies as I want.
  • Drink lots of herbal tea and water. I have two cups of coffee and sometimes 1 Diet Coke.
And that's it. Easy, manageable, I can still go out to eat. During these few weeks when I've lost 7 pounds, I've had pizza, chinese food, Indian buffet and McDonalds for pete's sake!. I do not fell like I've been suffering. Do skinny people feel like they are suffering? Maybe some. I think they just find the right balance and that's what I'm trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment