Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slow and steady

March is a crazy month around here, not the least of which was Thing 2's birthday yesterday! And party. Which meant I made brownies and brought cupcakes to school. I confess I did eat a brownie's worth of batter, but all in all didn't do too badly.

I have been spotty with the gym, but work looked slow today so I did go for a 30 minute walk. Better than nothing!

I'm losing slowly, and I have less than a pound to go to reach a 15 pound total loss and to reach a new "decade", so I'm motivated to eat well today.

Also, I am wearing a size 12 pair of jeans! 15 pounds ago I was wearing size 16, although I did have one pair of size 14 pants that just fit. I quickly moved into size 14 and they are feeling a bit baggy. I went to try on the size 14 with the thought that if they just barely fit they would be "motivation" pants but they fit and are comfortable.

I think it's important not to just look at the scale for motivation. And these pants are it!

I feel like this weight loss is moving slowly (certainly by biggest loser standards!), but I'm happy with it. My goal for the next few weeks is to get a few pounds under 190. We are going on vacation at the start of April, and I plan on returning from vacation under 190. And to never see 190 again. I'm planning to be active on vacation and to stock the condo we are renting with healthy options and to enjoy some meals out. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment