Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back on track: My great 10 pound mini-goal!

I've not posted in a while. I guess I haven't been too motivated in the weight loss fitness area. I have eaten well, not perfect, but I haven't done well in the exercise area. I'm changing that tomorrow!

The good news is that I seem to be very good at maintaining a weight of 192 pounds. The bad news is I want to weigh less than 192 pounds! Other good news is that I finally, finally took the time to get a checkup exam. It had been a while. All is great! Total cholesterol is 140! Was flummoxed and didn't get the 2 separate numbers, but doctor said it looked great. Blood pressure was good and all was well. No sign of some issues that run in my family.

Not sure exactly why I've lost motivation. As I said before March is always a stressful month for me, and April had vacation. Enjoyed eating and walking on vacation and didn't over do it! Felt good about my choices.

I think fearing the doctor's visit which I had put off for too long was stressing me out. Also, last week had a health scare with my daughter, but all is well. The bottom line is I just need to do it!

So I want to lose 10 pounds. No deadline, but by the end of June would be good. Of course I need to lose more than 10 pounds, but I need to have a reasonable goal to work towards to get me moving.

I dub this "My great 10 pound mini-goal!" I hope tomorrow to be able to post the good things I have done achieve this goal.

I must say, the reason that I maintained my weight and didn't gain any was reading the great blogs of so many people who are on this weight loss journey. I appreciate reading everyone's struggles and success stories.

1 comment:

  1. I find my mood lifting as the weather gets better and there are more blue skies.

    ReplyDelete